Article provided by: thousandoaksplumbing.com
When doing a complete house remodeling or building a new one from scratch, you need the best plumber in Simi Valley, CA, to do the plumbing part. We at Thousand Oaks Plumbing are specialists in new installations, emergency repairs or maintenance works.
Can a clogged pipe cause a leak?
Yes, it is possible to have a leaking pipe because of a clog. In a drain line, fluids are not supposed to stay for a long time since drainage uses gravity to take the sewage out of your house.
Stagnant fluids will cause extra pressure on the fittings which are not designed to handle it. Additionally, the water will find the easiest way to escape so next time you open the tap in the kitchen your basement sink may overflow.
Common plumbing problems
Depending on the age of the house, you may face a simple dripping faucet or a running toilet up to low water pressure or clogged drains. We have seen a wide variety of problems, but our technicians are frequently called to attend the ones listed below:
- Dripping faucets – are caused by a worn gasket or a rubber and does not represent a big problem. Still, if you do not replace it on time will waste water, and your water bill may go high.
- Leaking pipes – typically the pipes will begin to leak near joints and, if not detected on time, can lead to a major flood in your house. The simple thing to do it to keep an eye on any dump spot on your walls or ceiling, and call a specialist the moment you detect it. Most of the pipes will start leaking during the winter season, but this kind of problem can appear at any time.
- Running toilets – they are not only a nuisance, but they are also very “expensive.” A running toilet can waste as much as 200 gallons per day, so it is better to call a plumber in Simi Valley, CA, to fix it!
- Low water pressure – it is a common problem of the old houses when pipes got bent or clogged over time. A damaged pipe can also be the reason for lower pressure.
- Slow or clogged drains – an over-the-counter drain cleaner may give you the impression that the clog is gone, but this may not be the case every time. A plumber can identify the clog and clean your pipe correctly. Also, the chemical reaction used by that drain cleaner may affect other parts of your drainage system.
- Water heater – the average lifetime of a heater is in between eight to twelve years, but the water quality, especially chlorine inside, may reduce this period.
How do you fix plumbing problems?
If you have the right tools and skills, replacing a faucet may not be difficult. For any other issues, the best thing to do is to call your plumber in Simi Valley, CA.
Regardless of your plumbing problem, our expert technicians from Thousand Oaks Plumbing can handle anything! Our plumbers are genuinely knowledgeable, very friendly, and trained to fix all problems on the spot.Plumber Simi Valley Ca